These cookies are simple and delicious. I love the combo of salty and sweet and the chewiness really plays into the peanut butter. If you like crunchier cookies cook them a couple of extra minutes till they are a bit darker.
3 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Maldon salt
1 cup Demerara sugar
1 cup sugar
250g unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups salted whole peanuts
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 175C. Stir together oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Mix sugars, butter, and peanut butter in on medium speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, until pale and fluffy (about 5 minutes), then mix in eggs and vanilla.
3. Reduce speed to low. Add oat mixture, mixing until just combined then mix in peanuts and chocolate chips.
4. Make the dough into balls about 1 inch diameter (or use a 1 inch ice cream scoop), and space dough balls about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until light golden brown and just set, 10 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.
Quick tip: Pop the formed cookie dough balls into the freezer for 10 minutes before placing on your baking sheet for baking. This reduces the cookie dough spread and helps the cookies keep their shape better.